What is a polymer lithium battery(cells)? What are the advantages of polymer lithium batteries? Here's a look with lithium battery manufacturer Impress.
Polymer lithium battery, also known as polymer lithium battery: compared with the previous battery, high energy, miniaturization, lightweight, is a kind of battery chemical properties. In terms of shape, the polymer lithium battery has ultra-thin characteristics, which can be made into some shape and capacity batteries according to the needs of some products. In terms of safety, the outer packaging is aluminum-plastic packaging, different from the metal shell of a liquid lithium battery. Internal quality hazards can be immediately shown through the outer packaging deformation, once the safety hazards occur, will not explode, will only bulge. The theoretical minimum thickness of this type of battery is 0.5mm.
What are the advantages of polymer lithium batteries?
1. No battery leakage problem, the battery does not contain a liquid electrolyte, using colloidal solid;
2. It can be made into a thin battery: with the capacity of 3.6v400mah, its thickness can be as thin as 0.5mm;
3. The battery can be designed into a variety of shapes;
4. Flexible battery deformation: the maximum flexible polymer battery is about 900;
5. It can be made into a single high voltage: the battery with liquid electrolyte can only get the high voltage by several batteries in series, and the polymer battery can be made into a multi-layer combination to achieve the high voltage in a single battery due to the lack of liquid.
6. The capacity will be twice that of a lithium-ion battery of the same size.