Standby power mainly is lead-acid battery before, with the development of battery technology, the current industrial spare batteries are mainly polymer lithium battery, lithium iron phosphate battery, nickel-metal hydride batteries and fuel cells that several, never to see, lithium iron phosphate batteries as standby power is the most development potential of the industry, we learn about the specific.
At present, lithium iron phosphate battery as one of the most popular new energy battery batteries, after a long time of development, battery system technology has been improved, lithium iron phosphate battery applications to the field of more. So what are the competitive advantages?
In terms of battery chemistry
(1) in terms of the energy density of the battery, the current energy density of lithium iron phosphate can reach 260 ~ 290kw.h /Kg, which is not as good as that of polymer lithium battery, but much higher than that of the lead-acid battery;
(2) on a large current discharge, slightly worse than the polymer, but much larger than the lead-acid battery;
(3) discharge platform and discharge efficiency are higher than lead-acid battery;
(4) high-temperature performance, according to the relevant public information reports, the operating temperature can reach about 80℃, much better than the lead-acid battery;
(5) the service cycle life is more than 2,000 times, much higher than the lead-acid battery of 500 times;
(6) compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium iron phosphate batteries are much smaller in terms of volume and weight in the same electricity demand;
(7) the lead-acid battery has a passivation effect in the use process, but the lithium iron phosphate battery does not.
In terms of security applications
The p-0 bond in lithium iron phosphate crystal is stable and difficult to decompose. Even at high temperatures or overcharge, the structure will not collapse and generate heat or form strong oxidizing substances like lithium benzoate, so it has good security. It has been reported that in actual operation, a small number of samples were found to be burning in the experiment of acupuncture or short circuit, but there was no explosion. However, in the overcharge experiment, a high voltage charge that was several times larger than the discharge voltage was used, and the explosion was still found. However, its overcharge safety is much better than that of ordinary liquid electrolyte lithium cobalt oxide batteries.
In terms of environmental protection and ecology
The raw materials used in lithium iron phosphate batteries are not only rich in sources, but also environmentally friendly energy materials, which will not cause pollution to the living environment of human beings. Some of the raw materials used in lead-acid batteries will cause environmental pollution and affect the living environment of human beings.
Iron phosphate battery can be used step by step, such as the old battery replaced from the new energy vehicle. After scientific detection and repair, it can be applied to the backup power field of the next level that does not have high requirements on electrical performance, such as the backup power of the information base station, etc. Lead-acid battery and nickel-metal hydride battery cannot.