Lithium-ion batteries are widely used, from civil digital, communications products to industrial equipment to the special equipment used in batch, different products need different voltage and capacity, so the lithium-ion battery, a lot of series and parallel use lithium battery by adding protection circuit, shell, output, and form the application of battery called a PACK. PACK can be a single battery, such as cell phone battery, digital camera battery, MP3, MP4 battery, etc., or series and parallel combination battery, such as laptop battery, medical device battery, communication power supply, electric vehicle battery, backup power supply, etc.
Composition of lithium battery PACK:
PACK consists of battery PACK, protective board, outer packing or shell, output (including connector), key switch, electric quantity indicator, EVA, highland barley paper, plastic bracket, and other auxiliary materials. The out-of-pack features are determined by the application. There are many kinds of PACK.
Lithium battery PACK features:
- Has a complete function, may directly apply.
- Diversity of species. Multiple packs can be implemented for the same application requirement.
- The battery PACK requires the battery to have a high degree of consistency (capacity, internal resistance, voltage, discharge curve, life).
- The cycle life of a battery PACK is lower than that of a single battery.
- Use under limited conditions (including charging, discharge current, charging mode, temperature, humidity conditions, vibration, stress, etc.)
- The lithium battery PACK protection board requires a charging equalization function.
- High voltage, high current battery PACK PACK (such as electric vehicle battery, energy storage system) requires equipped with battery management system (BMS), CAN, RS485, and other communication buses.
- The battery PACK has high requirements for the charger. Some requirements are communicated with BMS to make each battery work normally, give full play to the energy stored in the battery, and ensure safe and reliable use.
Lithium battery PACK QC:
Design of lithium battery PACK
- Fully understand the service requirements, such as application environment (temperature, humidity, vibration, salt spray, etc.), service time, charging, discharging mode and electrical parameters, output mode, life requirements, etc.
- Select qualified batteries and protective circuit boards according to the use requirements,
- Meet the requirements of size and weight.
- The packing is reliable and meets the requirements.
- The production process is succinct.
- Scheme optimization.
- Minimize cost.
- Detection is easy to implement.
Lithium battery cautions!!
- Do not put into the fire or close to the heat source!!
- Do not connect the output anode and cathode directly with metal.
- Do not use beyond the battery temperature range.
- Do not squeeze the battery.
- Use a special charger or charge it correctly.
- Please recharge the battery every three months while it is in use. And store according to the storage temperature.